Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Shots

Yesterday was Julian's two month well baby check up. He weighed in at a whopping 14lbs 8oz and is 22 1/2 inches long. The doctor said his eyes, ears, heart, and lungs were all very good and sent him off to get his immunizations. We gave him a bit of tylenol in advance and then they gave him the sugary oral vaccine which he seemed to enjoy. He then got one big shot in each thigh. I think I was was more distressed by the whole thing overall, but my little man let out some fierce cry's after each one. He nursed immediately afterwards, and then managed to smile in the car seat all the way home, maintaining a good mood through the rest of the day and so far today. It seems that the first round did not bring on fever or fussiness which we are very thankful for.

Once home we put him in his crib for some tummy time while we grabbed lunch and worked on some laundry. I randomly went into his room to get something I needed and I saw him beginning to rock his body back and forth. I yelled for Pete to come quick, and as soon as he walked through the door our little boy rolled over! It was so cool to see him do it. He's also working on his back-front roll, and is able to pull him self onto his side to find his thumb. I have a feeling our little one is going to be on the move before we know it!

No comments: