Thursday, January 14, 2010

Last Minute Party Plans

Wednesday morning began with a text from Amelia asking if I would like to join her at the Keep Norfolk Beautiful Gala that is happening this Saturday evening.  Without even thinking I said yes!  Who would pass up a fun girls date that includes local food, a drink, and a very good cause.  What I didn't think about was the fact that I do not own single dress or skirt!  I'm on the hunt through friends and shopping for a staple to add to my wardrobe, I desperately need a go to outfit for these kinds of things.

This will be my first return to the social world of adults since Julian was born.  Our family life is pretty low key, and most of the last two years has been focused on a nursling who still needed his mama 24/7 and that's okay with me.  He'll only be this small for so long, but I'm looking forward to the opportunity to knock off my dusty noggin and stretch my wings out in the big world again.  It may have been awhile but I think I still have it in me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a GREAT time!