Monday, January 11, 2010

This Just In


I just rushed home from my morning meeting to discover Jules down for his nap, so I'm going to steal some blogging time while I can.

This morning was my very first brainstorming meeting with Amelia, the owner of Green Alternatives here in Norfolk, and I'm so excited about the endless possibilities our partnership could create.  I'm really enjoying my time as a stay at home mom and wife, and the stability it has provided for our family as Pete continues his career with the Navy.  That said, I miss the drive, energy, and excitement of working.  I was at my best working for and with small, women owned and operated businesses.  I need a career path that is flexible enough for me to be able to meet the needs of my family while bringing in (hopefully, someday) income to add to the family coffers, or even a retirement account!  Who knows where I will be in 6 months, but I'm hoping with enough dedication I'll be able to see an upward trajectory looking back over this year.

Over the next few months I'm going to be reading, researching, and reaching out for any and all information I can find on community gardening, podcasting, blogging, grants, as well as self advertisement and advocacy in the hopes of bringing many of these ideas to fruition.  I'm going to rejuvenate my Twitter account so that I can provide updates about our progress on these projects as well as things going on in our local community.  If you have any recommendations leave them in the comments section, or if you know of a local activity or program that needs to get the word out let me know so I can pass it on.  A big event I'm going to be reminding people about is the Sustainable Living Fair that The Five Points Farmers Market and Green Alternatives is putting on down at Waterside this February so stay tuned!


No comments: