Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cloth Diapering Here We Come

I just placed our order for cloth diapers!  I'm so excited.  It's a change I've been wanting to make since Jules was born, but it took me awhile to get Pete on board.  Most people are worried that it will take too much time/effort, but in reality it's just an extra load of laundry - and I'm already doing that!   This change will help with the red-booty problem we've been having with Julian, as well as cut down on the amount of trash we've been dumping since we've been using disposables. And our start up batch is less than what we would spend on disposables for three months!  The savings is going to be well worth it alone.  I've promised Pete we can still use the disposables when we're out and about, but the rest of the time we'll be going all cloth!

You can check out what we're getting here:  Thirstie's

We picked out Aqua, Melon, Celery, and Periwinkle covers.  They are nice gender neutral colors we can use for hypothetical #2 down the road. 

No comments: