Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Prep

It's Thursday October 30th, and in just 7 hours Stefanie and Jackson will be on a plane headed for Virginia.  Pete and I have been working hard to get the house ready for them and for the birthday celebration this weekend.  I can't wait to pick them up at the airport!  It's been 9 months since we had the boys together, and they have grown and changed so much since then.

We're almost ready.  Presents are bought and wrapped, decorations are ready to be put up, pumpkins are carved, the house is clean, laundry is done, lists are made, recipes are gathered, and soon I will be embarking on the baking.  I have banana bread to make for breakfasts, as well as pumpkin and chocolate cupcakes for the party.   I've also got to figure out how to make orange icing and what goes in cream cheese frosting - should be easy enough.

We're expecting 20-25 guests, 10 of those children.  All of Julians best friends from our moms group are coming so it should be a blast to have them all together.  Hopefully everyone will wear their costumes so we can get some good group pictures.  I can't wait to see our little guy in his, and I can't believe he's going to be 1!   This weekend is going to be awesome, and I'm so excited to be spending it with my best friend and our Norfolk family.  We are so blessed to have so many people here in our new community come out to celebrate this special occasion with us.  One year ago we were just on the cusp of growing our family, and now here we are with the most amazing little boy.  It has been a wild ride to say the least.

I hear Jules stirring from his nap, so now it's safe to get moving in the kitchen.  Hopefully he will be content to play in his room for a little while.  I'll be sure to update after the weekend with pictures of all of the festivities and fun.

No comments: